Innovative Solutions That Work
Gold Creek Engineers provides a unique design service, concentrating on development of large machine and plant, including mechanical design and dynamic structural design. Because of our long association with turn key contracting we are ideally suited to serving manufacturers, design and consuct contractors as well as end users of equipment. With over 45 years experience in the mining, materials handling, crane and railways fields, our Principal, Colin Wolf and his team, will provide cost effective, innovative solutions that work.
A sample of projects undertaken over the last several years includes:-
- The design and development of two new variants of light weight 35 tonne capacity container straddle carriers for a long standing client who has supplied approximately 150 straddle carriers world wide. The existing general purpose straddle carrier design and its more highly specified derivative for the US Navy were developed by Colin Wolf.
- The design and development of a moveable ROM pad crushing plant for a contract coal supply company in Queensland.
- The design and project management of a unique high performance rail track lifting machine for Aurizon. Total weight of the machine was 65 tonnes.
- The design and development of new concept of mobile in-pit crushing and coal processing equipment.
- The design of various dynamic structures including blast protection in a mine, an elevated loading bin in a bitumen plant, a new concept for a portable 300,000 litre capacity water tank for use in the drilling industry.
- Design of upgraded boom luffing equipment for three older iron ore stackers in Western Australia. The tender design of a travelling stacker for coal. Modifications to a ship unloader at Gladstone.
- Numerous RPEQ certifications of structures and plants including hydraulic gates, upgrades to drill rigs, rail maintenance equipment, maritime light towers and environmental structures, pedestrian bridge, piping systems.
Whenever required, we include and co-ordinate the services of specialised sub-consultant associates including hydraulic and electrical engineers, 2-D and 3-D draftsmen and civil engineers. In all of the work we undertake, we guarantee a personalised service, which concentrates on the initial identification of problems and alternatives, costs and risks, and the delivery of cost effective, innovative solutions that work.